Google Meets Smackdown

 

       Google Meets has started to become one of the top contenders of video conferencing throughout the recent years.  It's biggest competitors are said to be Zoom, Skype and Microsoft Teams.  Throughout the pandemic Google Meets became a popular site for businesses and schools to continue work virtually.  Google Meets allows for all individuals with a Google account to video conference whenever.  Some of its most inportant features are that it allows up to one hundred people on each call and there is no time limit required.  There is also a screensharing feature which allows anyone in the meeting to show their screen, in order to present or explain directions.

     Virtual meeting conferences have become increasingly popular since the pandemic in 2020.  Businesses and schools all over the world were forced to operate as usual, virtually.  Since then businesses have realized that instead of meeting in person it is much more convenient to meet virtually.  By having platforms such as Google Meet it allows for employees to conduct work from wherever they please.  The ability to work from home has become much prevelant and is preferred by many employees, who have responsibilities outside of a business.


     Google Meets has already had a big impact on my education in highschool.  It allowed my school to continue learning virtually.  After graduating from college I plan to use my degree in Business Marketing to get a job somewhere in the field.  Business is a field that easily can use Google Meets as a big part of everyday operation.  Meeting with colleagues through video call instead of in person can help a lot of people take on the many responsibilities throughout a day.  It is a tool that provides a lot of convenience within schools and the workplace.  Google meets has a free plan which offers virtual meetings with a select amount of features.  However, one can upgrade their plan to access new features to help make meetings more productive and valuable.

Comments

  1. Just as I commented on Jay's previous Smack down for Skype, I agree that - especially during the pandemic - tools like Google Meet s have proven to be essential tools for many businesses, schools and others. I especially like to have the option to be able to work from home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Google Meets during the pandemic in High School and I agreed it was easy to use for me compared to Zoom. Even though I have used it I did not know about some of its features like being able to have storage and even put close captioning on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren, for my smackdown I did Zoom which is a similar platform to Google Meets. I agree with you that Google Meets gained popularity during the pandemic. Being able to connect with people virtually makes interactions easier in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren I have never used Google Meets but it kind of follows LinkedIn's premium formula. The more you pay the better the perks. There is nothing wrong with that but considering it is Google I feel like this organization just makes too money and it should be free like its other services.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, thanks for showing us this tool. A lot of video call providers out there it seems. Ever since the pandemic we have all seen a lot of "Zoom", "Skype" Ect. being used more and more. Appreciate you showing us Google's take on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Lauren I have been using Google Meets for years and use it every day for work. Compared to Zoom, I found it to be much more convenient to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. heey lauren, i have to say i never really used google meets before but i only knew a little about it , but thanks to your project i think i have a better understanding on how it is. it deff is somthing that is popular just like the other apps we have like zoom , microsoft team, and skype. but this app is good for schools i find it easier to handle then some of the other new apps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lauren! I agree - all of the online video conferencing platforms saw a boom during the pandemic. Law used Zoom! I currently use Google Meets for class meetups, but otherwise stick to Teams, Zoom, and Discord. Great presentation! I like how informative it is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lauren!! Google meets played a huge part for me in school during quarantine. I meet with my teachers and classmates everyday on google meets for our lessons and work. I agree with your statement of business realizing that instead of meeting in person, they can use google meets. People such as my Aunt have been working at home since the pandemic, as you stated in your smackdown blog it allows employees to conduct their work wherever they please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lauren, google meets was my main form of education during covid. It was such a simple tool and was very easy to control. Online video chatting skyrocketed during the pandemic because it was used so much for classes, and work. Great presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lauren, Ive never used google meets before but it sounds very useful and a lot better than zoom, and as the world moves online it would be a good idea to keep track of tools like this for work and outside of work uses to stay connected and informed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lauren, I didn't know that you can screen share with google meets thats really cool I'm going look into how to perfect that. That is something that i can share with my team at work. It can also benefit me when i am doing new hire orientation for new hires that cant make it. This way they can stay connected on what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Lauren, I remember the days of Quarantine when google meets was essentially how we went to school those days. However, I did not know that up to 100 people can join a meeting, if you really think about it that is an incredible amount of people connected through the click of a button it really is amazing. Google meets is not just for business or classes, It also to connect family and people as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment