Indeed Smackdown

 



The Indeed app and website is one of the most popular sites for posting and looking for jobs.  The website allows individuals to search for jobs that fit their description of what and where they would prefer to work.  Any job title can be entered in the search bar, to result in various job descriptions that are similar to what the potential employee is looking for.  Indeed, provides a description of the job itself, the average salary, work days and requirements for obtaining the job.  After reviewing the detailed description, applicants can choose to apply for the job through the Indeed website or app. 



Potential applicants also have the ability to post their resume on to the website and let employers come to them.  Companies have the ability to view resumes on Indeed and find potential hire's that they feel suit the position they are looking for.  In addition, to applicants being able to post their own resumes, employers and companies need to be able to post positions that they are willing to hire for.  Indeed, allows both employees and employers to post their information to help look for the best fits.

Indeed, is useful for individuals of all ages looking for work or looking to hire.  However, in particular it is helpful to college students looking to start their career.  Indeed, has the potential to house resume's within it's website.  Students entering the work force have spent their whole lives building up their resume in hopes of being hired.  Having a place to upload your resume and help bring potential job options to you is one of the unique features offered by indeed.  For individuals looking to continue their professional career in another direction, it helps them look for jobs within the right category and location.  The Indeed website can even help narrow down a job search, by entering desired salary range, experience level and even a specific company.  After graduating from Stockton University, the Indeed website will be useful in helping my peers and I start our career paths.  It will be useful in finding job descriptions that fit our needs, as well as the location desired.  Indeed provides all the recources needed to start a career path out on the right foot.

Comments

  1. Lauren I was surprised to see what qualifications were needed to meet the requirements some agencies require. I have applied through Indeed a few times but it was never that specific and exact which I will keep in mind for the future. My advice would be seeing if you can figure out who your competition is when applying for some positions since you can better prepare yourself to be more suitable or drop pursuing that job when you are outshone by a competitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren . I have heard of Indeed before. Never used it. But your smack down gave me incentive to start using it! It sounds like this app benefits two sides in finding their best professional fit - the company as well as the person who is searching. Well done pointing out all the features!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you described Indeed. In my eyes, Indeed is similar to LinkedIn in the aspect of looking for jobs, but with Indeed it goes one step deeper. Indeed is transparent with salaries and work days, which is something future employees want to know about. Indeed seems like a very critical platform for future employment opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started using Indeed recently and I did not know how to use all of the features but after watching your smackdown I am glad to say that I will be able to now. I liked how you showed us exactly where everything you were talking about was on the website with arrows as that was very helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lauren, I'm familiar with Indeed. I, myself have an account and use it often. Even if I am not actively looking for a new job, sometimes I just scroll on it for hours to open my mind to new opportunities and expand my options. I enjoyed how you gave good examples and outlined how to use the app for those who aren't familiar with all of its features.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As someone who has just downloaded the indeed app I agree that it has potential benefits for a college student looking at potential careers and internships. I also appreciate the the how-to in the slides for a bit on how to use the application and more in depth on how the application benefits fresh grads. I too hope to use the app in a more knowledgeable way after reading this to be able to get a better job "fit."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lauren, Indeed has been very beneficial for me in applying for a job. I remember a few years ago applying on this platform. When I was viewing your PowerPoint, it was relatable because I knew how to use the website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lauren , i really enjoyed your smackdown project. indeed is in fact a great app/website if you are looking for a job. it comes in hand when you are in need of looking for a job asap. i love the feature of having your resume saved in your account so you just update it and upload it to whatever job you are applying for. i really does come in handy if you are looking for a quick job and it is very detailed about hours and pay as well. great project it did touch base on a lot of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lauren, I have yet to use Indeed to apply for a job, but it is an excellent option because many people talk about it. Even if I am not looking for a job now, I can see what jobs are listed in my field, what is required, how much the potential salary will be, etc. I just found out that it was that simple to navigate through your presentation. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Lauren! I love Indeed and have just recently started exploring some of its newer features. I have used indeed since I was 16. This website has hundreds of jobs and the quick search makes it so easy to find a job, that fits you. I love that it tells you what exactly jobs are looking for, and they even make you a resume now which I think is helpful for younger people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Lauren! I do not have an indeed account yet your presentation really taught me a lot about the app. I did not know that indeed is the #1 online job source. I am looking for a job for over the summer and this is inspiring to make an indeed account to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lauren! I love Indeed. Anytime I want to switch jobs or see what's out there, I'll hop on Indeed to see what positions are open to me locally. I agree it's a great platform for those graduating. It's also a great platform for people unsure of what career they want or are looking to start a new career path. I would say the only downside I've experienced is the amount of spam from the platform.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lauren, from your presentation I can tell "Indeed" is a good platform to find jobs, or employees. Interesting to hear that it's number one, as I would have thought Linkdin would take that spot. The more you know!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lauren indeed has helped me find many jobs. Your presentation was spot on. Its nice and easy to work with. This app for people that are just starting to look for jobs it is perfect because it is so simple. The one thing i do regret from Indeed is that they took the control of emailing recruiters right on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lauren, it was nice to get an in depth look at indeed and all of its different uses for employers and employees, I will definitely use it to find a new job when I get back from my summer internship.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lauren, Indeed has helped me have many interviews in my life, it has also helped me be able to get jobs, it does an excellent job with separating the kind of jobs you are looking for, like part time, full time, and how many miles away you are looking for this job, as well as the category.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi lauren indeed i think is a total life saver and honestly got me numerus jobs when i truly needed it to you picked a great and all around website.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment